Treating your dogs with their favorite food is certainly a great pleasure especially when you love your dog beyond words. If you prepare your own dog treats, it gives a great deal of joy and satisfaction of feeding your loved pets. Here are a few tips to make dog treat recipe on your own.
Before you begin with making a dog treat recipe, you should keep in mind the following criteria,
• Since you personally know what your dog likes much, you can choose the right ingredients that would treat your pet. Apart from choosing the most liked ingredients, you can also choose food that favors the dog’s gut.
• Based on the size of your dogs, you ought to make foods that would serve their appetite completely. Never overfeed your pet as it might result in unpleasant scenario.
• Also feed your dog based on its medical conditions. Do a proper assessment of its health, the allergies that it is prone to, dental problems before you decide on treating your dogs.
With these small tips, one can treat his/her faithful dog to the fullest. Few of the recipes that would treat your dogs are,
1. Hot Dogs -Hot dogs with their yummy tastes are the best possible treats dogs can be served with. Especially when they are cut to smaller pieces depending on your dog’s appetite, it will be relished by them completely. Since hot dogs are fatty foods, always limit the servings of it.
2. Vegetables – Green vegetables which are fresh also would be loved by your dogs. From beans to carrots, you can choose to have all vegetables in a platter to treat the little ones. But make sure you are aware of foods that would infect your dog before serving them.
3. Ice Cubes – Ice cubes made of a chicken or a beef broth are the most favored treats for your dog especially on a hot sunny day. The very smell of the cubes would attract your faithful friend to relish the treat that you’ve just offered. The broth can be either home made or bought in a store provided they have low sodium levels.
4. Chicken – Like humans, a piece of chicken would lure your dog and give them a luxurious treat. All you need to do is, set aside a few chicken and cook it without any seasoning, cool it and serve you dog. It would wag its tail to express the gratitude for the wholesome treat you have offered.
5. Leftovers Dog Mix – Mix all the leftovers in your refrigerator from small pieces of frozen meat, potatoes, vegetables and fruits to serve your dog with a great treat.
6. Apple Crunch Pup cakes – Bake your dog’s favorite Apple crunch cup cakes with unsweetened apple sauce and other baking ingredients. These crunches can be served to your dogs in between wholesome main courses.
While serving your dogs with their favorite foods, make sure you avoid few of the ingredients like – cheese, chocolate, onions, salt, raisins, sweeteners which would otherwise spoil the party. So, have fun in cooking for your pet and impress it with your tasty treats.