Want to know how to make an irresistible treat for your furry adorable friend? Dogs give unconditional love and loyalty and once in a while you should take the time to prepare something delicious for your dog. If you are looking for a delicious treat that will have your dog wagging its tail in appreciation, you should consider the dog biscuit recipe with peanut butter.
The recipe is easy to make and your dog is sure to enjoy it once you are done. This dog biscuit recipe with peanut butter is made from fresh ingredients and will have your dogs loving you forever. Dogs have been known to have a high affinity for peanut butter and they will surely eat up these biscuits in a jiffy.
So by now you might be wondering how do you start off to get that wag of appreciation from your best friend’s tail. Grab something to drink as we go through this awesome dog biscuit recipe with peanut butter.
What you Need to Know
Servings: Varies with your preference
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Difficulty: Easy as pie
3/4 cup of non-fat Milk
One cup of Peanut Butter (We recommend using smooth peanut butter)
2 quarter to 2 half cups of Whole Wheat Flour ( You can opt for another type of flour if your dog reacts negatively to wheat)
One tablespoon of Baking Powder
How to Prepare
1. Preheat the oven to about 325°
2. Whisk together the egg, milk and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl.
3. Make the dough stiff by adding in the flour and baking powder. You may need to knead the dough a few times with your hands.
4. Flour the surface and roll out the dough to about a quarter or a half inch thickness.
5. You can use dog cookie cutters to make adorable shapes such as stars, animal shapes or better still bone-shaped cookies.
6. Bake the shaped treats for about 20 minutes. Turn them over and bake for an extra 15 minutes to get that brown crispy look.
7. You can now get them out of the oven but let them cool for 30 minutes!
8. After they cool off, serve or if need be store them in an airtight container for at least one week. You can store them longer if you have a freezer.
- You don’t have to stick to the recipe to the letter. Get creative and try to identify what your dog likes and then infuse the ingredients into the recipe.
- If you want to make the cookies a little softer, cool them off out of the oven. However, letting them cool in the oven is sure to make them crispy. It all depends on your dog’s preference.
- If you really want to treat your dog, you can serve the dog biscuits in a classy bowl. You can add a little bit of touch using a ribbon to show your appreciation for the love shown by your pet.
- Share the dog biscuit recipe with Peanut Butter with your friends and family and spread the cheer to dogs all over the world